Thursday 31 December 2015

2015

Hello again!

I wanted to update you guys once more before the year ends! Crazy how fast time goes! An enormous cliché but very true.. For real it feels like the first of January was two months ago, I can remember NYE so vividly (kinda). 2015 was a year with lots of ups and downs for me so let's hope 2016 is just all ups. There are some things that I am already looking forward, like graduating high school and moving out and also travelling to Japan in August! But anyway in good tradition (although I skipped the 2014 one) I wanted to make a little favorites of 2015 post. So let's start!

BOOKS:
I didn't read any books published in 2015 except for M Train by Patti Smith which I didn't like at all and don't want to include in this post so all three of these favorites were published earlier but I read and loved them this year!


1) We should all be feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: We should all be feminists is an essay based this TedxTalk she gave in 2013 and you might actually recognize some parts because Beyoncé used it in everyone's favorite song of 2013 (let's be honest) Flawless.

“We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls, you can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful. Otherwise, you would threaten the man. Because I am female, I am expected to aspire to marriage. I am expected to make my life choices always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Now marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same? We raise girls to see each other as competitors not for jobs or accomplishments, which I think can be a good thing, but for the attention of men. We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are.” 

So good!! It's a quick read so you should definitely pick up a copy!

2) The world according to Garp - John Irving: Whilst reading this book I laughed, I cried and fell in love with it. The characters are so well developed and John Irving is such a great writer, I can't wait to read more of his work next year.

3) Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov: I read this book in the summer or 2015 and although it is a very unsettling because the protagonist is a pedophile and talks very openly about the subject, I thought it was very good. It's beautifully written and a true classic. Also if Snoop Dogg thinks it's good enough to read it's a must (click the link, you won't regret it).

MUSIC:
2015 was such a great music year in my opinion!!! So many amazing new releases! And because I didn't want to cramp up this whole post with me raving and fangirling over so many albums I decided to make a little Spotify playlist with all my favorite songs released this year. It's very random and I intended to only include fifteen songs (15 tracks because 2015, you get it? So clever wow) but that failed and I had to add ten more oops. I mean how could I only pick one To Pimp A Butterfly song?!

Ps: It isn't like a ranked list but I didn't put Faucet as the first track by accident haha.



MOMENTS:
I didn't see any movies that came out in 2015 except for like Spectre haha so instead of sharing movie favorites I thought I would end this post with some of my favorite photo's I uploaded on Instagram this year (basically my favorite moments of this year!)


From left to right seeing Les Nymphéas in Paris, visiting Bergen, Myrte and me on my birthday party, finally getting Channel Orange on vinyl (!!!), Saturday mornings at Kopergietery with Seppe, Szechenyi baths in Budapest with Otto, Pukkelpop and again my birthday party!


So that was it! Hope you have a wonderful new year's eve and a fantastic 2016!!!
Love,
Ibe

6 comments:

  1. have an amazing 2016, thanks for the amazing book list!

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book tips! You should share these things more often ;-) Have a fantastic year xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a wonderful 2016! LOVE these tunes <3

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. have an amazing 2016 Ibe!! much love I adore your posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dette er gode nyheter for deg. Nå trenger du ikke å bruke de store pengene for å få tak i drømmen din. Ditt svar er salg kopi klokker,Yes, it makes you buy your desired luxury within your budget here has replika Rolex armbåndsurCartier, Breitling, etc.

    ReplyDelete