Wednesday 7 March 2012

I am a teenager. I want to live!

David Bowie & Cry Baby by John Waters. This post is dedicated to them. My two current obsessions. Cry baby makes me want to live in some little district town and frequently use the word 'hep' in my vocabulary. And David Bowie makes me want to dye my hair red/orange and wear eye popping glitter catsuits and dance.



Some Cry Baby film stills - I borrowed the DVD from a friend- films stills (read print screens) I made. 1. Turkey Point swim club. 2. Neat girl that smokes and swims in an orange floral swimsuit. 3. Mrs Vernon-Williams. 4. Mr and Mrs Hackett. 5. Allison Vernon-Williams. 6&8. Wanda Woodward. 7. The enchanted forest.Cry-Baby is one of the movies that deserve a spot in my 'all time favorite' list. Though it isn't really realistic, is it now? -Ehum. Spontaneous sing out scenes.-. But there is stuff that is like so obvious. Like the utterly embarassing parental moments such as the scene with Wanda and the father who proposes a car ride to count number plates from other districts. All those amazing things that John Waters can bring in the film without going over the top. I am referring to fifties fashion & music, theme parks, very religious parents, swimming clubs, etc. And I think it is so nice that John Waters didn't cast the regular actors but different types. So that was my Cry-Baby love letter thing.

Stills from the David Bowie videoclip: 'Let's dance'. This video is really beautiful. It feels like I am the one running from a mountain in Australia and kicking red shoes. David Bowie for president! Bowie has never been afraid of being different. And he makes wonderfull music.

And I found a picture of me in my outfit sitting in front row at Paul Smith on VOGUE UK. Ok. This is definitely cool. Or at least I try to be. BUT I MEAN VOGUE UK! I was like totally in shock. And to celebrate this great feat, I am now playing my favorite Cry-Baby song.
Bisou,
Ibe

1 comment: