Monday 19 March 2012

Why scanners, socks with holes and the album 'Dreamboat Annie' by Heart are among the best things in the world. A manifesto by Ibe R.

Bombastic title. I like "bombastic". It is a nice word to pronounce . Erm. W-A-T-H-E-V-A-A-H. Eye roll and bitch face.





So my outfit today. Inspired by how a teen witch in a late seventies/early eighties tv series would look like when she was a Riot Grrrl. 'Here comes/There goes a Riot Grrrl' shirt - Heartschallenger.
Black pleated skirt - American Apparel. My white 'holy communion' panty. Black hole socks - Beyond Retro. Black plateau lace-up boots. BLACK HOLE SOCKS ARE BRILLIANT. They are so schoolgirl meets teen witch meets punker. So as you can see from the pictures, I have been messing around with the copier/scanner. And I have been thinking lately that the back of a polaroid is beautiful as well. And actually utterly underrated! I mean look at this.

Once I did that, I started to mess some more. And decided to make a scanner collage. Seriously when you lose your camera in a taxi in London you need to be creative.

Japanese paper. Snow white and the seven dwarfs. Pipe cleaner heart. SCANNERS ARE
BRILLIANT.

I really really heart Heart. Because their music is really good and "Heart" is like a good name because on my iPod it comes right after 'Hole' and that's very practical. I am such a fool: once I had the opportunity to buy their concert video of 'Dreamboat Annie' and I just didn't. Dreamboat Annie has a neat cover too. Conclussion: HEART IS BRILLIANT.

Bisou
Ibe

2 comments:

  1. hoe heb je de muziek van Haert leren kennen ?
    Via je ouders ?
    Goede smaak in ieder geval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nice song!! like your polaroids very much :) great blog, following you now!

    ReplyDelete